Terms and Conditions
FIRST may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
By entering a submission on the FLL® Global Innovation Award website (http://fllinnovation.firstlegoleague.org) the submitting team’s adult coach agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Only the adult coach (18 or more years of age) of a FIRST® LEGO® League team registered for the 2013 NATURE'S FURYSM season may enter a submission. Teams must be in compliance with all current FLL rules in order to be considered for the FLL Global Innovation Award.
- By entering a submission, the submitting team’s adult coach makes the following representations and warranties to FIRST regarding the submission (the invention is included within the submission):
- The invention and the submission are the team’s original work.
- The team has all permissions, authorizations, and other rights necessary to make the submission.
- The submission does not infringe or otherwise violate any right of any person or entity.
- The submission does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of any person or entity.
- The submission does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content which promotes violence or harm to any living creature, or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content.
- The submission does not include threats of any kind or intimidate, harass, or bully anyone.
- The submission does not violate any law or include any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense.
- FIRST reserves the right to remove any submission which, in its sole discretion, violates any of these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the FLL Global Innovation Award.
- The three (3) finalist teams will be honored at an awards ceremony at the United States Patent and Trademark Office in Alexandria, VA, USA on June 3, 2014. (Judging process and finalist selection is described in the FAQ. ) As per the submission form completed by the coach, finalist teams are required to send at least two (2) student representatives and one (1) adult coach to the awards ceremony.
- Any taxes required by national, state, provincial or local authorities are the responsibility of the winner of the prize.
- If any document sent to a finalist by any means is returned as undeliverable, or if FIRST is unable to contact a finalist within a reasonable time period, or if a finalist fails to properly execute and return all required documents in the time noted, or if a finalist is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the finalist may be disqualified and a new finalist selected.
- Information from teams posted on http://fllinnovation.firstlegoleague.org may be used by FIRST and its sponsors to promote the FLL Global Innovation Award and FIRST generally. Teams will not receive compensation for such use.
- Team submissions will be publicly disclosed for viewing purposes (except as noted on the submission form). Therefore, submissions must not include any personally identifiable information about any individual under the age of 18. Prohibited personally identifiable information includes: (a) first and last name; (b) home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town; (c) e-mail address or other online contact information, including but not limited to an instant messaging user identifier, or a screen name that reveals an individual's e-mail address; (d) telephone number; (e) Social Security number; (f) photograph of face.