FIRST may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
By entering a submission on the FIRST® LEGO® Global Innovation Award website (http://fllinnovation.firstlegoleague.org) the submitting team’s adult coach agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Only an adult coach (18 or more years of age) of a FIRST LEGO League team registered for the 2014 FLL WORLD CLASS℠ season may enter a submission. Teams must be in compliance with all current FIRST LEGO League participation rules in order to be considered for the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award.
- By entering a submission, the submitting team’s adult coach makes the following representations and warranties to FIRST regarding the submission (the invention is included within the submission):
- The invention and the submission are the team’s original work.
- The team has all permissions, authorizations, and other rights necessary to make the submission.
- The submission does not infringe or otherwise violate any right of any person or entity.
- The submission does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of any person or entity.
- The submission does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature, or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content.
- The submission does not include threats of any kind or intimidate, harass, or bully anyone.
- The submission does not violate any local, state, national, or international law or include any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense.
- FIRST reserves the right to remove any submission which, in its sole discretion, violates any of these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award.
- As per the submission form completed by the coach, Semi-Finalist teams are required to send at least two (2) team member representatives and two (2) adult coaches to the FIRST LEGO League World Festival in St. Louis, Missouri, USA for the final round of judging.
- The three (3) Finalist teams will be honored at an awards ceremony in the Washington, DC, USA area the week of June 15, 2015. (Judging process and finalist selection is described in the FAQ.) As per the submission form completed by the coach, finalist teams are required to send at least two (2) student representatives and two (2) adult coaches to the awards ceremony.
- Any taxes required by national, state, provincial or local authorities are the responsibility of the winner of the prize.
- If any document sent to a finalist by any means is returned as undeliverable, or if FIRST is unable to contact a finalist within a reasonable time period, or if a finalist fails to properly execute and return all required documents in the time noted, or if a finalist is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the finalist may be disqualified and a new finalist selected.
- Information from teams posted on http://fllinnovation.firstlegoleague.org (and all photographs and other recordings taken or recorded at the awards ceremony) may be used by the organizations affiliated with the award (FIRST and its sponsors) for marketing of the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award program. Teams will not receive compensation for such use.
- Team submissions may be publicly disclosed for voting purposes. Therefore, submissions must not include any personally identifiable information about any individual under the age of 18. This includes: (a) first and last name; (b) home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town; (c) e-mail address or other online contact information, including but not limited to an instant messaging user identifier, or a screen name that reveals an individual's e-mail address; (d) telephone number; (e) Social Security number; (f) photograph of face.