FIRST may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
By entering a submission on the FIRST® LEGO® Global Innovation Award website (http://fllinnovation.firstlegoleague.org) the submitting team’s adult coach agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Only an adult coach (18 or more years of age) of a regionally nominated FIRST LEGO League team registered for the 2015 TRASH TREK℠ season may enter a submission. Teams must be in compliance with all current FIRST LEGO League participation rules in order to be considered for the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award.
- By entering a submission, the submitting team’s adult coach makes the following representations and warranties to FIRST regarding the submission (the invention is included within the submission):
- The invention and the submission are the team’s original work.
- The team has all permissions, authorizations, and other rights necessary to make the submission.
- The submission does not infringe or otherwise violate any right of any person or entity.
- The submission does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of any person or entity.
- The submission does not contain pornographic or sexual content, hateful content of any kind (including racism, sexism, etc.), content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature, or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content.
- The submission does not include threats of any kind or intimidate, harass, or bully anyone.
- The submission does not violate any local, state, national, or international law or include any content that would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense.
- FIRST reserves the right to disqualify any submission which, in its sole discretion, violates any of these Terms and Conditions or the spirit of the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award.
- As per the submission form completed by the coach, Semi-Finalist teams are required to send at least two (2) team member representatives and one (1) adult coach per five (5) teams members to the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award event in the Washington, DC area in June 2016 for the final round of judging.
- Twenty (20) semi-finalists will be honored at an awards ceremony in the Washington, DC, USA area in June 2016. As per the submission form completed by the coach, semi-finalist teams are required to send at least two (2) student representatives and one (1) adult coach per five (5) team members to participate in the final in-person judging and the Awards Ceremony.
- Any taxes required by national, state, provincial or local authorities are the responsibility of the winner of the prize.
- If any document sent to a finalist by any means is returned as undeliverable, or if FIRST is unable to contact a finalist within a reasonable time period, or if a finalist fails to properly execute and return all required documents in the time noted, or if a finalist is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions, the finalist may be disqualified and a new finalist selected.
- Information from teams posted on http://fllinnovation.firstlegoleague.org (and all photographs and other recordings taken or recorded at the Global Innovation Celebration Event) may be used by the organizations affiliated with the award (FIRST and its sponsors) for marketing of the FIRST LEGO League Global Innovation Award program. Teams will not receive compensation for such use.
- Submissions must not include any personally identifiable information about any individual under the age of 18. This includes: (a) first and last name; (b) home or other physical address, including street name and name of a city or town; (c) e-mail address or other online contact information, including but not limited to an instant messaging user identifier, or a screen name that reveals an individual's e-mail address; (d) telephone number; (e) Social Security number; (f) photograph of face. Submissions of the semi-finalists may be placed online and viewed publically for publicity purposes.