Full Invention Name:
We are returning for a second year for the Global Innovation Award - but with almost a whole new team! We have three returning members, plus five more fantastic guys. Our favorite toy is the Rubik's cube, and we participate in band, Boy Scouts, sports as well as robotics.
Brief Submission Description:
Falling is a serious issue facing seniors. At least one third of all seniors over the age of 65 will fall down. Unattended falls are much worse. If a senior receives help an hour afterwards, there is a 90% chance of returning to normal. If the time increases to 12 hours, there is only a 10% chance of returning to normal. Our Fall Watch is an actual watch that can detect when a fall has occurred. When a fall has been registered, the watch will sound an alarm and vibrate. If there is no response, then it will automatically will call emergency services. This means that should the senior be unconscious, help will still be provided. The senior may also choose to call a local caregiver instead, or to cancel the call, in case of a false alarm.